Ethereum by the Numbers — November 2019
Check out the network activity, open finance stats, and more facts and figures from the Ethereum blockchain ecosystem this November.
Overview of November
By far the biggest event in November was MakerDAO’s protocol upgrade which created Mulitcollateral DAI which now accepts both ether and basic attention token as collateral for dai generation. Additionally, Maker released the Dai Savings Rate where users can lend their dai and receive interest. Gods Unchained reached a historic milestone for transferring over 6 million ERC 721 cards which is more than Cryptokitties or any other collectible to date. More importantly, the Ethereum network maintained space for transactions even during this record amount of transfers.
- 9069000. Block Number for the Istanbul fork
- 9M. Blocks mined on Ethereum
- 6. Ethereum improvement proposals in the Istanbul upgrade
- 15.6M. Ethereum addresses with a non-zero account balance
- 23.80%. The number of block rewards Ethermine was responsible for in Q3
- 1. Heatmap of where cryptocurrencies are accepted
Disclaimer: The views expressed by the author above do not necessarily represent the views of Consensys AG. ConsenSys is a decentralized community with ConsenSys Media being a platform for members to freely express their diverse ideas and perspectives. To learn more about ConsenSys and Ethereum, please visit our website.